Consulting Support Technician
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
• Manage scalable Hadoop cluster environments.
• Hadoop Core Components & Environment Administration Hive, Job Tracker, Task tracker, Pig, Scoop, Flume etc.
• All Functions like Monitoring Cluster & Jobs, troubleshooting, user onboarding, reporting application status, Incident & Outage Management.
• Manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
• Optimize and tune the Hadoop environments to meet performance requirements.
• Install and configure monitoring tools.
• Work with big data developers and developers designing scalable supportable infrastructure.
• Work with Linux server admin team in administering the server hardware and operating system
• Assist with develop and maintain the system runbooks.
• Create and publish various production metrics including system performance and reliability information to systems owners and management.
• Perform ongoing capacity management forecasts including timing and budget considerations.
• Coordinate root cause analysis (RCA) efforts to minimize future system issues.
• Mentor, develop and train junior staff members as needed.
• Provide off hours support on a rotational basis.
• BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering required.
• 7+ years of IT experience
• 3-5 years overall experience in Linux systems.
• 1-2 years of experience in deploying and administering Hadoop Clusters
• Well versed in installing & managing distributions of Hadoop (Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.)
• Knowledge in performance troubleshooting and tuning Hadoop Clusters
• Good knowledge of Hadoop cluster connectivity and security.
• Linux System Admin Knowledge, understanding of Storage, Filesytem , Disks, Mounts , NFS, VIP
• Development experience in Hive, PIG, Sqoop, Flume, and HBASE desired
• Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume ASAP
1913 total views, 1 today