Consulting Sr Support Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
• Deploy and manage scalable Hadoop cluster environments.
• Hadoop Core Components & Environment Administration Hive, Job Tracker, Task tracker, Pig, Scoop, Flume etc.
• All Functions like Monitoring Cluster & Jobs, troubleshooting, user onboarding, reporting application status, Incident & Outage Management.
• Manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
• Optimize and tune the Hadoop environments to meet performance requirements.
• Install and configure monitoring tools.
• Work with big data developers and developers designing scalable supportable infrastructure.
• Be the SME on Hadoop, HBase and other Hadoop ecosystem components and related tools.
• Work with Linux server admin team in administering the server hardware and operating system
• Assist with management of formal system runbooks.
• Create and publish various production metrics including system performance and reliability information to systems owners and management.
• Perform ongoing capacity management forecasts including timing and budget considerations.
• Coordinate root cause analysis (RCA) efforts to minimize future system issues.
• Mentor, develop and train junior staff members as needed.
• Provide off hours support on a rotational basis.
BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering required.
10+ years of IT experience
5+ years overall experience in Linux systems.
2+ years of experience in deploying and administering Hadoop Clusters
Well versed in installing & managing distributions of Hadoop (Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.)
Knowledge in performance troubleshooting and tuning Hadoop Clusters
Good knowledge of Hadoop cluster connectivity and security.
Linux System Admin Knowledge, understanding of Storage, Filesytem , Disks, Mounts , NFS, VIP
Development experience in Hive, PIG, Sqoop, Flume, and HBASE desired
Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor.
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of deployments and resolution of production issues. This is an “on call” position
How to ApplyPlease apply online if qualified
2295 total views, 1 today